Yoga is a very popular healing modality for both mind and body. Oasis holds several yoga classes each week for clients, facilitated by our highly-trained, trauma-informed yoga therapist.
Yoga at Oasis is gentle and nurturing. Above all, each individual is encouraged to find and honor their own pace and comfort level.
According to the American Addictions Center, “Yoga is increasingly being used in substance abuse treatment programs and throughout recovery to help prevent relapse, reduce withdrawal symptoms and drug cravings, and provide a healthy outlet to cope with potential triggers and daily life stressors.”
Yoga has many potential benefits*, including:
- Stress relief
- Increased physical stamina and strength
- Self-reflection and increased self-awareness
- Healthier exercise and eating habits
- Heightened self-confidence and improved self-image
- Pain relief
- Better sleep
- Increased energy levels
- Reduction in fatigue
- Emotional healing
- Overall health and wellness improvement
Check out our video above to learn more!